The Law of Attraction is potentially one of the most powerful tools you’ll ever have as a Real Estate Agent. Why? Because it helps you to train your mind into a successful and prosperous mindset. If you practice the Law of Attraction you’re always looking at the opportunities for growing your business rather than the obstacles.
If you’re not getting the results you want with the Law of Attraction, you might be making these common mistakes:
1. Failure to switch focus – It may be that when you start looking at what you don’t like about your business, such as difficult clients, the “fallen transactions”, and the continual need to prospect, you may be focusing on what you don’t want, instead of what you do want. The Law of Attraction states that you get what you focus on. Focus on the difficult clients long enough, and that’s what you will bring more of.
2. Failure to identify what you do want – You may be spending so much time and energy trying to eliminate what you don’t want, like unqualified clients; you may not be getting clear on what you do want. If you don’t want unqualified clients, what are the characteristics that you really want in prospective clients?
You want prospective clients to be qualified, committed, and motivated. Focus on that. Whenever your mind wanders, keep coming back to what you want to create.
3. Focusing on current circumstances – According to the Law of Attraction, current circumstances do not have to define you. They are based on your old decisions and your old beliefs. Now that you are learning the Law of Attraction, you have a chance to start fresh.
Never mind your current conditions. Instead, ask yourself, “What do I want to create?” Set your intention and don’t waver.
4. You get worried about the “how to” – According to the Law of Attraction, “how to” is the domain of the universe. You don’t have to know the details. You just have to know what you want, and why you want it. Let the universe figure out the “how”.
5. You take frantic action, rather than inspired action – Frantic action is fear-based. You are being reactive rather than proactive. Inspired action means that you’re listening to your intuition, rather than on your linear mind. Intuition will come to you in the form of “Ah Ha” and gut instincts. Inspired action will feel good and it will feel right.
6. You may be forgetting to visualize – In the Law of Attraction, there is the saying, “Whatever you visualize, you will materialize.” It may be that in your business, you haven’t taken some quiet time to visualize your desired outcome – for example, earning $500,000 a year on a steady basis (or whatever your ideal income).
When you take time to visualize yourself having the prosperity you desire, then you can create the feelings of having it now. Since like energies attract like energies, whatever you radiate comes back to you multiplied. It pays to visualize.
7. The biggest mistake people make – The biggest mistake that people make with the Law of Attraction is that they fail to do it consistently and effectively. For example, after watching The Secret, you may be inspired for awhile to wake up focusing on gratitude. Then when the inspiration of the movie wears off, you may get busy and forget to be grateful for what you have. This is an example of an inconsistent use of the Law of Attraction.
Another and more serious mistake people make in implementing the Law of Attraction is that they “wing it”. They have no systematic, step-by-step procedure to follow.
To effectively and successfully use the Law of Attraction:
* Identify what you don’t want
* Identify what you do want
* Clear your opposing beliefs
* Take inspired action
If you follow these steps, perhaps with the help of a mentor or a coach, you will maximize the effectiveness of the Law of Attraction. No longer will the Law of Attraction seem like a mystery to you!
With her 30 years of psychological expertise, Dr. Maya Bailey specializes in helping real estate professionals who want more clients, more free time, and a better lifestyle to create confidence, a positive mindset, and a step-by-step blueprint for success. For specific ways to “master your psychology” about getting clients and growing your business, and your personalized step-by-step success blueprint, visit www.90DaysToMoreClients.com. To contact Dr. Maya Bailey, call (707) 799-5412.
For more Maya Bailey columns, click here.