Wouldn’t it be great to always be motivated to market your business? Imagine for a moment what it would feel like to know that you could instantly change your mindset to something positive and productive.
In my 15+ years of coaching real estate agents to double and triple their incomes, I have found these tips to be most helpful:
1. Know when you are the most resourceful. For example, are you a night person or a morning person? Take advantage of your biorhythms to increase your productivity. If you’re a morning person, take the most challenging task and do it first thing. If you find yourself getting revved up at night, then that’s the time for you to do your creative work.
2. Give up the idea of perfection. It’s better to take “imperfect action” than no action. Trying to be a perfectionist only paralyzes you. Start to identify beliefs like, “I have to be perfect to be okay” or “Everything I do has to be perfect.” Once you realize that perfection does not exist, make this your mantra instead: “I am perfectly imperfect like everyone else.” Notice how that new belief propels you into action and even allows you permission to make mistakes. Instead of trying to be perfect, entertain the idea that all you have to do at any given moment is “your best.” Simply make it your intention that you always do your best and focus on the service you are giving to others.
3. Keep it manageable. If the idea of making 20 cold calls this morning makes you freeze, then give yourself a break. Five calls this morning and another five tomorrow is okay. Once you break down a big task into little ones, it doesn’t seem so hard. Focus on the one small goal, not the larger one. Every marathon begins with one step.
4. Remember to use the “stop technique.” If you find yourself ruminating in a negative direction about what could have been and what might have been, you need to intervene on your own behalf. Simply say “stop” and switch your focus. Take a deep breath and put in a positive new thought. There is always something to be positive about. Here are some examples of positive new thoughts:
- I have a valuable service to offer and people are happy to hear from me.
- I am an irresistible magnet for my ideal clients.
- I am a money magnet.
Watch your energy increase from this one technique alone.
5. Read your fan mail. If you have a moment of self-doubt, and you have a hard time remembering what makes you an expert, read your fan mail. Keep a folder from your former clients of all of the ways they appreciate you. Look at that folder, and read the testimonials to be reminded of how good you are.
TIP: If you don’t have an overflowing fan mail folder, get started right away. Whenever anyone tells you what they appreciate about you, write it down. If you want to turn it into a testimonial letter, just get their permission to write down everything they say. Be proactive; ask for the referral or testimonial instead of leaving it to the client.
6. Bombard yourself with positive messages. Avoid the news, and invest in motivational CDs and DVDs that inspire you. Here’s a possible list:
1. The movie: The Secret
2. The CDs: The Missing Secret
3. Jack Canfield’s Principles of Success
4. My Positive Buzz Success Program CD subscription
I know these tips will be extremely helpful for you to quickly switch to a positive mindset at a moment’s notice.
Dr. Maya Bailey, Multiple 6 Figure Income Business Coach for Real Estate Professionals, integrates her 20 years of experience as a psychologist with 15 years of expertise in marketing. Her powerful transformational work creates a Success Formula for Real Estate Professionals ready to create a Multiple 6 Figure Income. To get your free report: “7 Simple Strategies to More Clients in 90 Days” and to apply for an initial complimentary consultation, go to www.90daystomoreclients.com.